Welcome to our department’s virtual home. Our department is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology, one of the four faculties of Middlesex University London. The department delivers high quality teaching, research and consultancy across several disciplines including computer science, informatics, networking and telecommunications. We are based in Hendon, North West London and we are always interested in hosting prospective students and their parents, research visitors and seminar speakers.
We are a friendly, interesting group of people with a strong teaching profile and a growing reputation for research. The department has steadily acquired a reputation for its innovative undergraduate teaching and supportive research environment. In REF2014, 56 staff where submitted leading to an excellent REF outcome. In the Computer Science and Informatics unit of submission, Middlesex was placed 13th for power rankings overall across the sector. In the London area alone, the Research Fortnight Power rankings placed Middlesex as the 4th largest department for computing research.
- Machine Learning for Medical ResearchThe state of the art AI technology has been playing significant role in medical fields. Recently, led by Prof Xiaohong […]
- Prof Juan Augusto is now a member of the BCS-SGAI Steering CommitteeProf Juan Augusto has been appointed (from December 2020 onwards) as a member of the BCS-SGAI Steering Committee. BCS SGAI is the Specialist […]
- Departmental Team wins BCS Machine Intelligence CompetitionThe Research Group on Development of Intelligent Environments, headed by Prof Juan Carlos Augusto from the department of Computer Science, […]
- Colloquium: Data-Driven Service Computing: Managing Information Services in the era of Big Data and Internet of Things2 March 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title Data-Driven Service Computing: Managing Information Services in the era of Big […]
- IDC Special Seminar: “Designed Intelligence” by Dr Connor Upton (Accenture)TITLE: Designed Intelligence SPEAKER: Dr Connor Upton, Group Design Director, Fjord at the Dock, Accenture, Dublin DATE: Tuesday, 19 Jan […]
- Colloquium: When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old Research Paradigm?2 February 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old […]