Welcome to our department’s virtual home. Our department is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology, one of the four faculties of Middlesex University London. The department delivers high quality teaching, research and consultancy across several disciplines including computer science, informatics, networking and telecommunications. We are based in Hendon, North West London and we are always interested in hosting prospective students and their parents, research visitors and seminar speakers.
We are a friendly, interesting group of people with a strong teaching profile and a growing reputation for research. The department has steadily acquired a reputation for its innovative undergraduate teaching and supportive research environment. In REF2014, 56 staff where submitted leading to an excellent REF outcome. In the Computer Science and Informatics unit of submission, Middlesex was placed 13th for power rankings overall across the sector. In the London area alone, the Research Fortnight Power rankings placed Middlesex as the 4th largest department for computing research.
- AdvMLTester by CyberASAP (Cyber Security Academic Startup Accelerator Programme)Dr Mahdi Aiash and Dr Hector Menendez have obtained further funding to develop their AdvMLTester project into a commercial product. The project aims at detecting potentially exploitable vulnerabilities in machine learning […]
- New Academic AppointmentsDespite the challenges of these times, and the sad loss of Professor Miltos Petridis to the pandemic one year ago, our department has recently made – and is planning to […]
- Machine Learning for Medical ResearchThe state of the art AI technology has been playing significant role in medical fields. Recently, led by Prof Xiaohong Gao, Middlesex University is in partnership with several other institutions […]
- Colloquium: Quantum-like Contextuality and Ambiguity in Natural Language1 June 2021. Tuesday. 3 PM. London Time. On Zoom. Title Quantum-like Contextuality and Ambiguity in Natural Language Speaker Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Department […]
- Colloquium: Bitcoin Alchemy4 May 2021. Tuesday. 3 PM. London Time. On Zoom. Title Bitcoin Alchemy Speaker Andrew M. Bailey, Philosophy, Politics, and […]
- Colloquium: Data-Driven Service Computing: Managing Information Services in the era of Big Data and Internet of Things2 March 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title Data-Driven Service Computing: Managing Information Services in the era of Big […]
- IDC Special Seminar: “Designed Intelligence” by Dr Connor Upton (Accenture)TITLE: Designed Intelligence SPEAKER: Dr Connor Upton, Group Design Director, Fjord at the Dock, Accenture, Dublin DATE: Tuesday, 19 Jan […]
- Colloquium: When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old Research Paradigm?2 February 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old […]