Welcome to our department’s virtual home. Our department is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology, one of the four faculties of Middlesex University London. The department delivers high quality teaching, research and consultancy across several disciplines including computer science, informatics, networking and telecommunications. We are based in Hendon, North West London and we are always interested in hosting prospective students and their parents, research visitors and seminar speakers.
We are a friendly, interesting group of people with a strong teaching profile and a growing reputation for research. The department has steadily acquired a reputation for its innovative undergraduate teaching and supportive research environment. In REF2014, 56 staff where submitted leading to an excellent REF outcome. In the Computer Science and Informatics unit of submission, Middlesex was placed 13th for power rankings overall across the sector. In the London area alone, the Research Fortnight Power rankings placed Middlesex as the 4th largest department for computing research.
- New Journal on Smart Cites and SocietyProf. Juan Augusto founded a new Journal on Smart Cites and Society that is published by IOS Press. More details are available on the journal homepage.
- Outstanding Presentation at RSSC 2021 ConferenceCongratulations to Sam Hepenstal, Leishi Zhang and William Wong, whose presentation titled ‘An Evaluation of System Transparency to Support Intellectual Judgements’ was awarded ‘Outstanding Oral Presentation’ at the Middlesex Research […]
- AdvMLTester by CyberASAP (Cyber Security Academic Startup Accelerator Programme)Dr Mahdi Aiash and Dr Hector Menendez have obtained further funding to develop their AdvMLTester project into a commercial product. The project aims at detecting potentially exploitable vulnerabilities in machine learning […]
- Colloquium: Quantum-like Contextuality and Ambiguity in Natural Language1 June 2021. Tuesday. 3 PM. London Time. On Zoom. Title Quantum-like Contextuality and Ambiguity in Natural Language Speaker Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Department […]
- Colloquium: Bitcoin Alchemy4 May 2021. Tuesday. 3 PM. London Time. On Zoom. Title Bitcoin Alchemy Speaker Andrew M. Bailey, Philosophy, Politics, and […]
- Colloquium: Data-Driven Service Computing: Managing Information Services in the era of Big Data and Internet of Things2 March 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title Data-Driven Service Computing: Managing Information Services in the era of Big […]
- IDC Special Seminar: “Designed Intelligence” by Dr Connor Upton (Accenture)TITLE: Designed Intelligence SPEAKER: Dr Connor Upton, Group Design Director, Fjord at the Dock, Accenture, Dublin DATE: Tuesday, 19 Jan […]
- Colloquium: When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old Research Paradigm?2 February 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old […]