Welcome to our department’s virtual home. Our department is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology, one of the four faculties of Middlesex University London. The department delivers high quality teaching, research and consultancy across several disciplines including computer science, informatics, networking and telecommunications. We are based in Hendon, North West London and we are always interested in hosting prospective students and their parents, research visitors and seminar speakers.
We are a friendly, interesting group of people with a strong teaching profile and a growing reputation for research. The department has steadily acquired a reputation for its innovative undergraduate teaching and supportive research environment. In REF2014, 56 staff where submitted leading to an excellent REF outcome. In the Computer Science and Informatics unit of submission, Middlesex was placed 13th for power rankings overall across the sector. In the London area alone, the Research Fortnight Power rankings placed Middlesex as the 4th largest department for computing research.
- Departmental Team wins BCS Machine Intelligence Competition!The Research Group on Development of Intelligent Environments, headed by Prof Juan Carlos Augusto from the department of Computer […]
- Studentships offered as part of the Gamification to Increase Physical Activity projectThe Research Group on Development of Intelligent Environments is developing Gamification solutions supported by GLL and as part of that […]
- Women students attend BCS Lovelace Colloquium and win prize!The Women in Computing group at Middlesex was founded in 2014. The purpose of this group is to bring together […]
- IDC Special Seminar: “Designed Intelligence” by Dr Connor Upton (Accenture)TITLE: Designed Intelligence SPEAKER: Dr Connor Upton, Group Design Director, Fjord at the Dock, Accenture, Dublin DATE: Tuesday, 19 Jan […]
- Colloquium: When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old Research Paradigm?2 February 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title When Humans and Computers Come Together: A New or Resurged Old […]
- Colloquium: “Cell Assembly-based Task Analysis”5 January 2021. Tuesday. 3PM. London time. On Zoom. Title Cell Assembly-based Task Analysis (CAbTA) Speakers Dan Diaper, DDD Systems & […]